Today's first project- Baby Leggings
I made these with a pair of ladies knee high socks. I googled and read through a few tutorials, like THIS ONE. And also read that they tend to be a little long on infant legs, so I cut the sock a little ways above the heel to shorten the leggings. And used the rest of what was left going to the heel as my cuff piece. I don't think i'll do that again, as the short cuff piece was a little difficult to handle while attaching to the legging (at least on my machine).
Curious Cupcake watching the bobbin wind
This shows how i cut the sock up. The foot piece ended up getting the heel & toe cut off so Merrick could wear his own arm cuffs and leave mommy alone to do the sewing (kind of)
I cut the cuff parts along one side and then used a zig zag stitch to sew them back together- so the cuff would be smaller around than the legging.
Here's one of the cuffs after being sewn back together.
Folded the cuff in half- next time i will make them taller than this.
And this is Merrick trying to escape from Mommy so he doesn't have to take them off. I'll have to make him a pair in slightly more boyish colors (as daddy wouldn't be too happy about the hot pink leopard print).
Now they are sitting in the stash of things for Trinity. :)
And seriously... it took longer to type this post & upload the photos than it did to make them... even with all of Merrick's little distractions.
Off to clean and eat lunch before my afternoon meeting at the school.