Today's first project- Crib/Toddler sheet
Merrick's 1 and only sheet ripped a few weeks ago. It didn't seem like a big deal cause i can always wrap the mattress in a blanket, and then he started camping out on the floor. But i figured it was time to get him back up on the bed (especially since i'm trying to get the room cleaned & ready for the new addition). So today i made him a new sheet. He helped me pick out the fabric. I see lots more sheet making in my future. Just wish it didn't take quite so long to thread the elastic all the way around the sheet. Oh well, it gave me some time to play Cafe World on facebook. LOL!
I pretty much followed the tutorial HERE.
After washing & drying my fabric it ended up only being 44" wide, not 45". And I don't own a serger, so i had to press and fold under my edges. The sheet fits a little tighter than i expected, but is still not too tight. I'll adjust my seams on the elastic "pocket" when i make the next one.
Last night and this morning, i took a little break from creating to do a little cleaning & organizing of my sewing space. The cabinet my sewing machine sits on was made by my grandfather in the 70's. He tried to throw it away (while in a decluttering mood), but I rescued it and brought it home. My sewing machine is as old or older than the cabinet- it was my mom's in high school when she had to take Home Ec- seriously, i think they should bring back the Home Ec/Auto Shop requirement in high school.
I guess that's it for the tour of my sewing area. Off to play with the kids for a bit.